Remote learning best serves curious and motivated students who wish to play an active role in their own musical development. Guitar lessons are individually tailored to the goals of beginner, intermediate, and advanced students in addition to professionals looking to refine/explore specific techniques or other work practices, including theory, ear-training, improvisation, and playing in different genres.
Scheduling and Platforms
Although fixed, designated lesson times are reserved for weekly students, a variety of scheduling options are available, including a single lesson, bi-weekly or monthly lessons, and quarterly lessons. Current remote platforms include FaceTime, JamKazam, Skype, Zoom, or use of one of these for video with a Digital Audio Workstation plug-in to facilitate low-latency real-time audio.
- An account with your preferred online platform
- Stable internet connection
- Smartphone, laptop or desktop computer, or tablet with microphone and camera
- $25/half-hour - weekly lessons billed in advance, and committed to, in groups of four
- $50/hour - weekly lessons billed in advance, and committed to, in groups of four
- $60/hour - base rate for all other lesson commitments
- 30 years teaching experience
- Teaching online since 2009
- Contributing author for The National Association for Music Education
- Contributing author for The Guitar Foundation of America
- Clinician for Pennsylvania Music Educators Association
- Consultant, adjudicator for Pennsylvania Music Teachers Association
- Masterclasses and workshops for high schools, colleges, universities, community and professional music organizations
- B.S. in Music Education and M.M. in Guitar Performance from West Chester University
Please use the form below to start a conversation about guitar lessons.